I tried to make a simple Halloween night punch that was green at the end (though you wouldn’t know by the photo). Slime, boogers, nuclear waste… these all came to mind as a reason to go green for a Halloween beverage. And why? “Because…because… it’s a Halloween-a” (check out the clip-0:44: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-nZanL6AAo )
Ecto-Punch is basically a boooo-zy sweet mint green tea with a slight hint of peach. Someone from Death & Co. said a good punch has caffeine in it.
Recipe (about 18 servings):
- 15 oz. Plymouth Gin
- 10 oz Jameson
- 10 dashes Angostura bitters
- 10 dashes Peach Fee Brothers bitters
- bundle of fresh mint
- 10 oz green tea (3 tea bags steeped in 10 oz water)
- Oleosaccharum of 6 oz turbinado sugar & peels of 6 lemons
- 8 lemons juiced
- 4 limes juiced
- 2 limes and 1 lemon cut into wheel slices for garnish
Prep: muddle all the mint with simple syrup. Fine strain into a punch bowl. Add all of the ingredients, stir and garnish with limes & lemons. You could top each punch glass with a champagne floater. I didn’t because my bar only carries garbage.